Student Financial Profile (SFP)
The Student Financial Profile is a multi-purpose online application form that is used to apply for scholarships, bursaries and on-campus employment programs such as Research at York (RAY), Work/Study, College Life at York (CLAY) and York Engaged Students (YES). You should complete the SFP at the start of each academic session (once for fall/winter and once for summer) to be considered for a variety of programs. For the Fall/Winter 2013-2014 session the application will be available August 6, 2013.
Students must submit their SFP by the following dates to be considered for the corresponding programs:
- Work/Study Program (RAY/CLAY/YES/Workstudy) - Deadline is Tuesday, October 15, 2013
- York University Undergraduate Bursary - Deadline is March 10, 2014
- Graduate Studies Bursary - Application period is November 1, 2013 - January 15,2014
- Scholarships and Awards Program - Deadline is Tuesday, October 15, 2013
- Awards for Students with Disabilities - Tuesday, October 15,2013
- Current undergraduate students (JD students in Osgoode can only apply for campus employment eligibility).
- Current graduate students (excluding MBA, MPA and IMBA students in Schulich).
- International students - only in order to be considered for funding programs provided by York International.
- System Requirements - to access the Student Financial Profile, please ensure that you are using one of the following browsers: Internet Explorer 7 or Mozilla Firefox for Windows.
- Click on the “Save Work” button regularly as you go through the application to make sure you do not lose your information.
- Be sure to click on the "Submit" button at the end of your application. If this is not selected, your application will not be assessed.
- You have 90 minutes per session before Passport York will automatically log you out of the SFP.
- You can make changes online to your SFP by logging back in to the application.
- Once your application has been assessed (usually within six weeks of applying) you will no longer be able to make changes, however, you will be able to view your submitted application online.
- If you need to make changes to an assessed application, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you are applying for awards, make sure to read the application process carefully and submit all required documents. For example, some awards require an essay or reference letter as part of the application process.
- If you need assistance filling out the application, please see our online tutorial.
- Students with disabilities have the option of submitting a paper version of the Student Financial Profile. Paper copies are available at the following Counselling & Disability Services offices:
- Learning Disability Services, W128 Bennett Centre for Student Services
- Mental Health Disability Services, N110 Bennett Centre for Student Services
- Physical, Sensory and Medical Disability Services, N108 Ross Building.
- The Student Access Guarantee is a partnership between York University and the government of Ontario that ensures students who receive financial aid from the Ontario Student Assistance Program (OSAP) and are identified as having financial need, have their direct educational costs covered (tuition, books and mandatory course fees).