International students who are making a payment from outside of Canada should use Western Union Business Solutions (formerly known as Travelex). When you use Western Union’s Business Solutions*:
- You make your payment in the currency of your choice which Western Union Business Solutions will then convert to Canadian Dollars.
- There are no transaction charges from Western Union Business Solutions or York University, though you may be charged a transaction fee by your bank.
- The exchange rate is valid for 72 hours after you have initiated the transaction if your confirmation and payment is received by Western Union Business Solutions within that period.
- The exchange rate is competitive when compared to retail rates of your financial institution and for many students their bank service fees are also reduced because the transaction is being initiated as a local transfer.
- Payments received will include your reference information and will ensure that your payment reaches your student account quickly.
Steps to Make a Payment
Step 1: Click on the Western Union Business Solutions button below.
Step 2: Process Your Payment
- enter student details (name, student number);
- enter amount of Canadian Dollars to pay;
- select payment currency
- if your local currency is not an option available in the form, you will need to choose another currency on the list (e.g. United States Dollar - USD) in order to arrange your Bank-to-Bank Transfer;
- finalize transaction
Step 3: Bank Transfer
- upon completion of the transaction, take the Western Union Business Solutions confirmation page to your local bank;
- local bank to transfer funds to Western Union Business Solutions.
Step 4: Payment Finalized
- York University will post the Canadian Dollar equivalent to your student account as soon as it is received.
- Review your Student Account Online Statement to ensure your payment has been received.