By the act of registration you become bound by the policies and regulations of York University including the Faculty in which you are registered. Students are responsible for familiarizing themselves with the general information, rules and regulations of the University and with the specific information rules and regulations of the Faculty or Faculties in which they are registered, enrolled or seek registration or enrolment, as well as the specific requirements of each degree, diploma or certificate sought.
It is your responsibility to:
- carefully assess your ability to successfully complete a course when enrolling/attending a class late;
- verify course enrolments by listing courses using the Registration and Enrolment Module (REM);
- ensure there are no timetable conflicts to course schedules;
- verify course instructions;
- enrol in a manageable course load;
- ensure that courses chosen are appropriate to program requirements and course prerequisites.
Adding, dropping and replacing courses can result in additional charges to your student account. Most often, replacing one course for another will result in new and additional charges for the new course being added in replacement of the other. This information is available to students when using the York Registration and Enrolment Module (REM).