The Student Financial Profile is a multi-purpose online application form that is used to apply for university supports including scholarships, awards, bursaries and on-campus employment programs such as Work/Study, the Leadership, Engagement and Ambassadorship Program (LEAP) and Research at York (RAY). You should complete the SFP at the start of each academic session (once for fall/winter and once for summer) to be considered for a variety of programs.
The application periods for the summer programs are as follows:
- Work/Study, LEAP and RAY programs - from March 21 to June 10
- York University Undergraduate Bursary - from April 18 to July 15
- Graduate Bursary - from May 2 to June 3
- Graduate Scholarships - May 2 to Aug 31. Deadline dates vary by bursary/award. Please check the Funding and Awards page for more details.
- Current undergraduate students (JD students in Osgoode can only apply for campus employment eligibility).
- Current graduate students (excluding all Schulich graduate students).
- International students, but only in order to be considered for funding programs provided by York International.
- System Requirements: use one of the following browsers: Internet Explorer (version 7 or higher) or Mozilla Firefox.
- Click the Save Work button regularly as you go through the application to make sure you do not lose your information.
- Be sure to click the Submit button at the end of your application. If it is not submitted, then your application cannot be assessed.
- Though the SFP is open from August to March for graduate students, the SFP must be submitted on or before the stated deadline for all awards or bursaries to be eligible for consideration.
- You have 90 minutes per login session before Passport York will automatically log you out of the SFP.
- Until your SFP application is assessed, you can make changes online to your SFP by logging back in to the application.
- Once your application has been assessed you can no longer make changes, but you can still view your submitted application.
- If you need to make changes to an assessed application, then send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
- If applying for awards, then be sure to read the application process carefully and submit all required documents. Some awards require an essay or reference letter as part of the application process.
- Students with disabilities have the option of submitting a paper version of the Student Financial Profile. Paper copies are available these Student Accessibility Services office.