Course and Program Fees: 2019-2020 Fall/Winter
Faculty of Graduate Studies - PhD
Ancillary and Student Levy Fees
|Essential Full-Time||Non-Essential Full-Time||Essential Part-Time||Non-Essential Part-Time|
Tuition, Ancillary and Student Levy Fees Total
Domestic Fees - To be eligible for domestic fees you must be either a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada (otherwise known as landed immigrant) effective on the dates specified on an annual basis.
International Fees - Students who do not have the status specified above, or who apply to York and declare themselves as visa students, will be charged tuition fees at international rates.
|Centrally Collected Ancillary||Full time Essential||Full Time Non-Essential||Part time Essential||Part time Non-Essential|
|Athletics and Recreation/Athletics & Recreation||$69.77||$34.88|
|Health and Counselling/Health & Counselling||$14.86||$7.43|
|Student Support Services/Academic Support||$20.62||$10.31|
|Student Support Services/Career Services||$6.84||$3.42|
|Student Support Services/Community Safety||$18.77||$9.39|
|Student Support Services/Convocation||$10.40||$5.20|
Sub Total Centrally Collected Ancillary Fees Per Term
|Student Levy||Full time Essential||Full Time Non-Essential||Part time Essential||Part time Non-Essential|
|Cdn Centre for Civic Media & Arts Dev Inc or VX3||$1.50||$0.75|
|Cdn Fed of Students & Cdn Fed of Students Ontario||$5.70||$2.85|
|Centre for Women and Trans People (CWTP)||$1.00||$0.50|
|Community and Legal Aid Services Program (CLASP)||$0.50||$0.25|
|New York University Student Centre Levy||$38.35||$19.17|
|Ont Public Interest Research Group (OPIRG - York)||$1.00||$0.50|
|Regenesis at York||$5.06||$2.53|
|Sexual Assault Survivors' Support Line (SASSL)||$0.70||$0.35|
|World University Services of Canada - Keele||$1.00||$0.50|
|York University Student Centre Operating Levy||$20.30||$10.15|
|YU Graduate Students Association (YUGSA)||$21.27||$24.97||$10.64||$12.48|
Sub Total Student Levy Fees Per Term
Total Supplementary Fees Per Term
Keele Campus Colleges
|College (per credit)||Essential||Non-Essential including HST||Total|
|Bethune College Council||$0.45||$0.57 (Maximum)||$1.02|
|Calumet College Council||$0.17||$0.88 (Maximum)||$1.05|
|Founders College Student Council||$0.39||$0.63 (Maximum)||$1.02|
|McLaughlin College Council||$0.48||$0.53 (Maximum)||$1.01|
|New College Council||$0.20||$0.85 (Maximum)||$1.05|
|Stong College Student Government||$0.47||$0.54 (Maximum)||$1.01|
|Vanier College Council||$0.21||$0.84 (Maximum)||$1.05|
|Wintab Students Union Inc. (Winters College Council)||$0.56||$0.44 (Maximum)||$1.00|
Non-essential supplementary fees are exclusive of HST. HST is subject to change.
- Registration Fee: $15 per student per term (non-refundable).
- Late Fee: $200 per student per term (non-refundable) to students who register beyond the term registration deadline; for more details, refer to the Registration section of the Faculty of Graduate Studies website.
- International Students Health Insurance: The University Health Insurance Plan (UHIP) is mandatory for all international students. This does not apply to domestic students. For more information, visit the York International website.
- Student Health Plan: Refer to Health Services at York for details on Faculty-specific student health plans and opt-out deadlines. Check with your Health Plan Office for up-to-date information.
- Associated Course Fees: Additional fees for course materials, lab fees etc. may be charged in individual courses. Visit the York University Courses website or with the appropriate academic department or unit for information about such fees.
- Leaves of Absence and External Student Fees: $169.49 per student per term; for more details, refer to the Faculty Regulations section of the Faculty of Graduate Studies Calendar.
Note: Fees are subject to approval by York's Board of Governors in accordance with the fees guidelines set by the Ministry of Training, Colleges & Universities and are subject to change.