If you have an overdue balance of more than $75 for undergraduate students or $1,000 for graduate students on your student account at any point after the dates listed below, you will be blocked from adding new courses, changing sections or exchanging one course for another through the online Registration and Enrolment Module (REM); however, you will still be able to drop courses. You will also be blocked from requesting a transcript, and will not be able to receive your diploma upon graduating.
- November 1 - you will be blocked from adding or changing courses in the current session
- March 1 - you will be blocked from adding summer courses
- May 31 - you will be blocked from adding fall/winter courses
In order to remove the block, you must make your payment through telephone or online banking to reduce your account balance to less than $75 for undergraduate students or less than $1,000 for graduate students. Your block will be automatically lifted the day after your payment appears on your Student Account.
If you are unable to reduce your overdue balance in order to enrol, we may consider a debt repayment plan which will enable you to continue your academic studies. Decisions to lift the financial block with an approved Debt Repayment Agreement (DRA) are based on the following:
- Registered as active in the previous session,
- You have been making payments to your student account in the previous session,
- Your outstanding balance is manageable based on the payment plan being proposed,
- You are in good academic standing,
- If you are paying domestic fees, you have applied for Financial Aid,
- OSAP funding must be remitted directly to the school,
- You have completed the Student Financial Profile online tool,
- You may be required to make a lump sum payment to reduce your outstanding balance,
- If you have defaulted on a previous DRAs, any future requests for a DRA will not be considered.
DRAs will be reviewed during the following dates for each term:
- Fall term: July 15 – September 15
- Winter term: December 15 – January 15
- Summer term: April 1 – July 15