This tool lets you view awards, scholarships, prizes and bursaries offered at York University. Take a few moments to search for awards you may be eligible for: you can search by Faculty, award type, activity level or type in the name of an award that you may be familiar with. Unless otherwise stated, all full-time, part-time and mature students are eligible for all the awards in the system so long as they meet the published criteria.
For additional graduate awards, visit the York Financial Assistance section of the Faculty of Graduate Studies website. You can also see a listing of external awards elsewhere on this site.
All awards listed on this website are subject to change or cancellation without notice.
The Glen Frankfurter Scholarship for Excellence in Historical Geography Research will be granted to one (1) full-time MA or Ph.D. student who is enrolled in the graduate program of Geography and is conducting and publishing research of great promise in the field of historical geography. Students must be in the process of publishing, or have outlined a plan for publishing the historical component of their research and this research should be considered significant and demonstrate great promise as a contribution to historical geography.
Applicants to this scholarship must submit:
- An academic curriculum vitae
- A one page statement outlining their historical research, publications plans, and the significance of their research for historical geography
- An attachment comprising a writing sample of the historical research.
How to Interpret the Awards Search Results
The time of year when this award is offered. This gives you an idea about when you'll need to apply for the award. The most common is In-Course (Fall/Winter), indicating that the award happens during the Fall/Winter session.
2. Award Type
The type of award:
- Bursaries are based on financial need. Therefore, students with financial need are encouraged to apply.
- Scholarships are based on academic merit. Therefore, students with high academic standing are encouraged to apply.
- Awards are based on both academic merit and financial need. Therefore, students with high academic standing and financial need are encouraged to apply.
The value of this award.
4. No. of Awards
The number of these awards offered each year.
Details about the award's origins, purpose, and eligibility requirements. For example, some awards may require a minimum credit enrolment, a certain grade point average (GPA), enrolment in a specific Faculty, or a certain citizenship status.
6. Application Process
This explains how you can be considered for the award. Many of the awards simply require that you fill out the Student Financial Profile (SFP) for the current session. Other awards may, for example, ask for reference letters and personal statements outlining your extra-curricular involvement.