This tool lets you view awards, scholarships, prizes and bursaries offered at York University. Take a few moments to search for awards you may be eligible for: you can search by Faculty, award type, activity level or type in the name of an award that you may be familiar with. Unless otherwise stated, all full-time, part-time and mature students are eligible for all the awards in the system so long as they meet the published criteria.
For additional graduate awards, visit the York Financial Assistance section of the Faculty of Graduate Studies website. You can also see a listing of external awards elsewhere on this site.
All awards listed on this website are subject to change or cancellation without notice.
The Lassonde Scholarship is one of the most generous awards available to students who can demonstrate the traits of a future żRenaissance Engineerżż creativity, passion, ingenuity, rational thinking and confidence ż in all aspects of their life including academic pursuits, extracurricular activities and their own interests.
Eligible candidates must demonstrate: 1) exceptional academic grades (minimum admission average of 80% or a grade point average of 7.0 or higher for continuing students) and 2) leadership in high school, university and/or community life, and/or evidence of entrepreneurial talent.
Financial need will be taken into consideration.
1)Students applying to or enrolled in any program offered by the Lassonde School of Engineering
2) Candidates who meet the grades criteria will be invited to apply
3) Current students must have a full time course load remaining in the year that the scholarship is offered (must have a minimum of 30 credits remaining)
1) Must maintain a minimum of a 7.0 cumulative grade point average
2) Attach a statement to demonstrate innovative, motivational leadership impacting the Lassonde community
3) Must be enrolled in full time studies and have a minimum of 30 credits remaining in the Lassonde program
Recipients of this scholarship are not eligible for the YU Automatic Entrance Scholarship or the York University Continuing Student Scholarship.
Students applying to any program offered by the Lassonde School of Engineering or who have completed their first year of study in a Lassonde School of Engineering program will be considered.
Eligible candidates who meet the grades criteria will be invited to participate in the selection process. Shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend an interview with the selection committee by the end of August.
How to Interpret the Awards Search Results
The time of year when this award is offered. This gives you an idea about when you'll need to apply for the award. The most common is In-Course (Fall/Winter), indicating that the award happens during the Fall/Winter session.
2. Award Type
The type of award:
- Bursaries are based on financial need. Therefore, students with financial need are encouraged to apply.
- Scholarships are based on academic merit. Therefore, students with high academic standing are encouraged to apply.
- Awards are based on both academic merit and financial need. Therefore, students with high academic standing and financial need are encouraged to apply.
The value of this award.
4. No. of Awards
The number of these awards offered each year.
Details about the award's origins, purpose, and eligibility requirements. For example, some awards may require a minimum credit enrolment, a certain grade point average (GPA), enrolment in a specific Faculty, or a certain citizenship status.
6. Application Process
This explains how you can be considered for the award. Many of the awards simply require that you fill out the Student Financial Profile (SFP) for the current session. Other awards may, for example, ask for reference letters and personal statements outlining your extra-curricular involvement.