The Student Financial Profile is a multi-purpose online application form that is used to apply for scholarships, bursaries and on-campus employment programs such as Research at York (RAY), Work/Study, College Life at York (CLAY) and York Engaged Students (YES). You should complete the SFP at the start of each academic session (once for fall/winter and once for summer) to be considered for a variety of programs.
Bursary for students affected by the Labour Disruption
Student Financial Services is offering bursary support to undergraduate students (domestic and international) who have experienced financial hardship as a result of the ongoing labour disruption. To be considered, please complete the Request for Additional Financial Assistance. You will be required to provide a detailed statement explaining how you have been impacted and to submit relevant supporting documentation. Completion of the Student Financial Profile (SFP) may be required for your assessment. If you have not submitted the SFP and it is deemed to be necessary, you will be contacted by email. The deadline to apply for this bursary assistance is Sept 7, 2018.
For additional information about bursary support for students related to the labour disruption, visit the Financial Aid Options page. For general updates on the labour disruption, visit the Labour Update FAQs website.
The Student Financial Profile is now open for the following programs:
- Work/Study program (RAY / CLAY / YES / Work/study) - Deadline to apply is June 15, 2018.
- Graduate Studies Bursary - Deadline to apply is July 27, 2018.
- Current undergraduate students (JD students in Osgoode can only apply for campus employment eligibility).
- Current graduate students (excluding all Schulich graduate students).
- International students, but only in order to be considered for funding programs provided by York International.
- System Requirements: use one of the following browsers: Internet Explorer (version 7 or higher) or Mozilla Firefox.
- Click the Save Work button regularly as you go through the application to make sure you do not lose your information.
- Be sure to click the Submit button at the end of your application. If it is not submitted, then your application cannot be assessed.
- Though the SFP is open from August to March for graduate students, the SFP must be submitted on or before the stated deadline for all awards or bursaries to be eligible for consideration.
- You have 90 minutes per login session before Passport York will automatically log you out of the SFP.
- Until your SFP application is assessed, you can make changes online to your SFP by logging back in to the application.
- Once your application has been assessed you can no longer make changes, but you can still view your submitted application.
- If you need to make changes to an assessed application, then send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
- If applying for awards, then be sure to read the application process carefully and submit all required documents. Some awards require an essay or reference letter as part of the application process.
- Students with disabilities have the option of submitting a paper version of the Student Financial Profile. Paper copies are available these Counselling & Disability Services offices:
- Learning Disability Services, W128 Bennett Centre for Student Services
- Mental Health Disability Services, N110 Bennett Centre for Student Services
- Physical, Sensory and Medical Disability Services, N108 Ross Building.