Tax Forms

2016 T2202A and T4A* tax forms are now available. Go to Tax Form Module (TFM).

If you need to reset your Passport York password, please click here.

All current and former York University students can print their completed T2202A and T4A tax forms from our Tax Form Module (TFM). A brief description of each of these forms is given below.

If you have trouble accessing your tax form online, please contact Registrarial Services for assistance.

T2202A (Tuition, Education, and Textbook Amounts Certificate)

This government-approved form shows how much tuition you paid for the prior calendar year and your Education Credits for the period. T2202A forms are not to be mailed to you.

All students who need tax forms for the years 1998 onward can access these forms online using the TFM.

For an explanation of how T2202A tax forms are calculated, click on the appropriate link below.

Elimination of T2202 form for students with disabilities:

As of the 2013 tax year, the T2202 Education and Textbook Amounts Certificate (not the same as the T2202A) form was eliminated.

If you were only able to enrol part time because you had a mental or physical impairment restricting you in one of the activities listed in Guide RC4064, Medical and Disability-Related Information, you will now need to obtain a letter from a medical practioner certifying your impairment.

For complete details please visit the Canada Revenue Agency's website.

T4A (Statement of Pension, Retirement, Annuity, and Other Income)

The Canada Revenue Agency requires York to report bursaries, scholarships, awards, prizes and senior and exchange waiver amounts provided to students. These amounts are shown as income with a box code of 105. This amount reflects amounts you have received from York during the calendar year, that is, from January 1-December 31.

Note for students whose fees are covered under a tuition waiver:

Fee waivers are considered scholarships given to the student. Therefore, students receive T4As with the waived amount as a scholarship. The student must include the amount in their income tax calculation. For a more detailed explanation, please visit the Canada Revenue Agency website.

T4 (Statement of Remuneration Paid)

This tax form, which shows any income you have earned at York, is mailed separately by the Human Resources and Employee Relations Payroll Department. T4 forms are not yet available online.

Ontario Tax Credit

If you lived in a residence at a designated Ontario university, college or private school residence, you can claim only $25 as your occupancy cost for the part of the year you lived in such a residence.

Ontario tax credits are funded by the province. The Canada Revenue Agency administers the program on behalf of Ontario through the federal income tax system. Claim your tax credit on the Application for the 2016 Ontario Trillium Benefit and the Ontario Senior Homeowners' Property Tax Grant (student residence in Part A, Line 6114) included in your federal T1-General income tax return. An official letter from the University is not required as the student completes the information requested in the declaration for the property tax credit.

The Canada Revenue Agency stipulates that you cannot claim meals and lodging as tuition fees. Current information on their regulations and guidelines for tuition and education amounts can be found online on the Agency's Students and Income Tax page.