Request a Refund

We will make every effort to process these requests within 15 business days (30 days for International refunds). Due to the high volume of requests we receive, we may not be able to meet these timelines in every case. We appreciate your patience.

If you have a negative balance (credit) on your student account, you can request a refund through Request a Refund. You can confirm your student account balance by checking your Student Account Online Statement.

To receive your refund, it is highly recommended that you sign up for Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) which is a direct deposit of your refund to your personal bank account. This will ensure funds are sent to you as quickly as possible. Use this link to create or make changes to your banking information.

Please refer to the Frequently Asked Questions for assistance with setting up your EFT.

Important Information

OSAP Funded Students

  • If you are an OSAP recipient and there is a change in your course load, your OSAP application will be updated and if you are eligible for a credit on your student account, the refund may be issued to the National Student Loan Service Centre (NSLSC) based on the OSAP refund policy.

Graduate Students

  • Graduate students will receive an automatic refund for the following bursaries, Graduate Financial Assistance (GFA) and Supplementary Graduate Assistance/Grant-in-Aid (GIA).

International Students

  • Students requesting a refund for a credit that was paid by International Wire Transfer will have the refund issued to the originating payor and originating country. York University is not liable for exchange transaction costs if students pay tuition and subsequently withdraw from course enrolments.
  • Students living abroad that do not have a Canadian address will receive a form via email to complete only if the original payment method was not through Convera or CIBC International Student Pay.
  • We encourage all students to set up a Canadian bank account while studying in Canada. You are also encouraged to set up your Electronic Fund Transfer (EFT) before requesting a refund for a credit that was paid by a Canadian account, or an award/scholarship/bursary issued by York University.