If you have a negative balance (credit) on your student account, you can request a refund through Request a Refund. You can confirm your student account balance by checking your Student Account Online Statement.
To receive your refund, it is highly recommended that you sign up for Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) which is a direct deposit of your refund to your personal bank account. This will ensure funds are sent to you as quickly as possible. Use this link to create or make changes to your banking information.
Please refer to the Frequently Asked Questions for assistance with setting up your EFT.
OSAP Funded Students
- If you are an OSAP recipient and there is a change in your course load, your OSAP application will be updated and if you are eligible for a credit on your student account, the refund may be issued to the National Student Loan Service Centre (NSLSC) based on the OSAP refund policy.
- Graduate students will receive an automatic refund for the following bursaries, Graduate Financial Assistance (GFA) and Supplementary Graduate Assistance/Grant-in-Aid (GIA).
- We encourage all students to set up a Canadian bank account while studying in Canada. You are also encouraged to set up your Electronic Fund Transfer (EFT).
- Students requesting a refund for a program not yet started will have the refund issued to the originating payor. There maybe a few exceptions if the payment was issued by an agent.
- Students living abroad will receive a form via email to complete only if the original payment method was not through WU GlobalPay for International Students.
- New International Students with a Study Permit Application Refusal may be eligible for a refund as a York COVID relief program. Please visit York International for more information and the application process.